Thursday, May 28, 2009

Two seemingly unrelated bits of information:
I served in the Navy for 8 years.
My wife loves owls.
Early last year, I saw a bit of news that - strangely enough - made a connection between the two!
Fod gets lost
Hiding in a strange place
Alone, afraid, shivering
Vibration and sound terrify
Surrounded by the unfamiliar
I must find the darkest and safest spot

Sudden movement, not mine
Noise gets louder, overwhelming
Cries of panic burst from my beak
Moving objects shrink my dark, safe spot
Creatures in brown and green move around me

The creatures search around
Are they predators hunting?
If they find me will they eat me?
I am too frightened to fly away
In fear I lose control and screech aloud

One of the creatures hears
And looks where I have hidden
I am seen and arms reach for me
Gently I am enfolded by them
Taken where the noise and vibration cease

No comments:

Post a Comment